Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

10.20.2010

Wednesday Whimsy: Mondo Inspired Outfit

Do you know who Mondo is?
He's a Denver based designer currently competing on Project Runway,
an amazingly creative and talented guy, 
and also my favorite.

Next Thursday the Project Runway winner will be announced.
A dear friend is flying in from Maryland,
and we are going to a Finale Party
wearing outfits inspired by the show.

Mondo came up with this outfit for the Jackie O. challenge:
He's a genius with mixing patterns/prints 
and designing what the judges keep referring to as clothes "full of joy."
Whimsical. 
Bold. 
Innovative. 
Inspiring.

Here's how my Project Runway Finale Party outfit came together.
The purple tiered halter dress I've had for a few years,
but the houndstooth trousers were the find of the century.
One dollar at the thrift store, and a brand name too! 
 
On clearance last Halloween, 
these eyelashes have been waiting for the right occasion to make their debut.
They add the perfect whimsical touch, n'est-ce pas?
(I think that the L'Oreal Paris make-up artists on the show would totally approve.)
For more texture and contrast,
floral accessories and a zebra print scarf.
Zebra bag to tie in with the scarf,
Jackie O. style sunglasses,
and pointy shoes complete the look.
I may decide upon the other shoe for more height,
but here is the complete ensemble.
Am I runway-worthy in this outfit???
Do you watch Project Runway?
If so, who is your favorite???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mondo is my fave, too, on the show. But, I'm a big MIKI fan myself, in real life. This is a well put together, runway appropriate inspiration. Good job. I think I need to revisit my outfit to make sure it is good enough. You have upped the bar.