Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

10.05.2009

Fall Wreath with Fruit & Flowers

I’ve seen some gorgeous wreaths in blogland recently, and it made me long to have one of my very own. An inventory of things in my craft bin plus a trip to the Dollar Store gave me the materials for this project.

I purchased a round styrofoam wreath circle at the Dollar Store and painted it an antique gold color with craft paint. Next I looped sparkly gold and sage ribbon around it to have places to tuck in the flowers and fruit accents. In the final outcome, you can’t really see the ribbon except for the side view. I hot glued the fruit and flowers onto the wreath randomly, though trying to keep some sense of balance on each side.

I found this neglected plate hanger (purchased from the Dollar Store a few years ago) and thought it’d add dimension to the wreath project. I wrapped an old flower garland loosely around the plate hanger for greenery and to soften up/cover some of the black wire. The bottom of the wreath circle slipped right into the second hanger and kept it fairly secure. I glued more floral bunches and fruit onto the plate hanger to match the wreath circle. The final outcome…

Isn’t it beautiful? I am SO PLEASED! I LOVE that it’s not just a circle shape. It works really well both on the front door and in the house because of its length and fullness. Sometimes I move it from the front door to the back of the door when we close it just so I can see it from inside. In the past every wreath I attempted came out kind of plain and I never kept them for long. But this one has fulfilled my longing for a scrumptiously unique homemade wreath. My Fall dreams are truly coming to fruition (giggle)… Another look:

DIY Day @ ASPTL

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would never have thought of this. Very creative idea! I like seeing things I haven't seen before.
pk @ room remix

Jolene Furl said...

I LOVE it! You did a great job and good creativity. I have also thought about making on myself because they are sooo expensive in the stores - thanks for the inspiration.

I think during the other seasons (Easter/spring) you could use this hanger and make a cross out of it. Just a thought.

Tamera said...

Great way to repurpose and create something beautiful and unique!
So pretty.
Tamera@doubledelight

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I like that it isn't just a circle too! I should try something like that. I have a wire wrask with four spots for dishes/photos/whatever. Do you think I could pull off something so beautiful with 4 rungs?

Anonymous said...

You did AWESOME!!! It looks great.

MotherhoodFilm said...

I love the meaning behind your blog name, and your project is gorgeous!
*Eliza’s blog*

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I have large doors and standard sized wreathes look too small. Nice job.

cindy said...

Wow! Love me some non-traditional and sassy decor :o) Looks great!