Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

10.26.2009

My Cozy Nook

DIY Day @ ASPTL
I recently wrote about being inspired to create a place of my own in a corner of our living room. After working on it for a few days, I am ready for the reveal…ta da!!! 7566aIn the previous picture, while the room was still in progress, I had a dark brown vintage basket holding some of my framed photographs. As much as I love that basket, it was too large and took up too much space on top of the table. I also changed out the tea set from an Asian one to a floral teapot and cup that fit in better with the other accessories. Along with my drawing of a lady, there’s a cream dove hanging by ribbon from the mirror, cream wire and bead candle holders, a small floral suitcase with a purse picture frame on top, a stack of trays under the lamp, my Bible in front of several “Victorian Christmas” books, card & letter writing supplies on the shelf below, and all of my decorating magazines and binders on the floor. I am going through all of my photographs to see which ones would look best on the walls, but for now I have a feminine area of my own to curl up in with a steaming cup of goodness while I read or write or watch the television. Sheer bliss.

3 comments:

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

Oh how fabulous! I would love to have my own little nook like this at home. What a great idea.

Thanks for sharing!
Kate

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a great place to read a book. I love it!

XOXO
Jen

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

Miki - Looks fabulous! I particularly love the dove. Well done!

Christianne