Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

11.29.2010

Christmas Decor Projects, Part I

A few Christmas decor projects...
I finally got around to making a garland of my own 
(they've only been floating around the blogosphere like forever),
so I combined my obsession fondness for the 12 Days of Christmas with twine 
and hung this across my bookshelves.
I scored these crackers at my mother-in-law's house last year
when I saw them lying around unopened.
After eyeballing them with envy for a few days, 
I finally asked her casually what her plans were for them.
A gift from an acquaintance, was I interested in them?
Um...YES!  HELLO?!?
I eagerly popped open each cracker,
filling the room with the scent of smoke...no worries,
and tenderly embraced each of the symbols.
Aren't they gorgeous?
Do you remember these thrift store finds?
I found some miniature cakes in the dollhouse furniture section at Hobby Lobby
and attached them to the top of two of the glass bells.
Since they'll be used all year, 
I wanted something whimsical vs. Christmasy.
The objects inside will be swapped out, of course.  
This last bell has a simple white ball glued to its dome,
to balance out the personality of the other two.
This final project was inspired by one featured on 
Buy a large vase, glass candlestick and small bowls (they come in a set of three) 
from the Dollar Store.
The small bowl fits the opening of the vase.
If it wiggles around a bit (like mine did), 
then apply a thin strip of hot glue to the rim and let it harden completely.
That'll make the fit better.
I attached a glass handle that I had leftover from another projects,
but the original project featured glass knobs from Walmart.
Glue the vase onto a candlestick.
 Voila!  
A lovely, tall, inexpensive apothecary jar!
Sumo Sweet Stuffmmm button Keeping It SimpleMakingThe Girl Creative

No comments: