Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

5.25.2010

Lovely Petal Purses

In a recent post, I shared several different styles of purses I've made by adding flower petals or ribbon trim to Dollar Store Purses.  I have two more Glammed Up Dollar Store Purses I'd like to feature today.    

This is what the purse started off looking like, right out of the store.  The fabric flower didn't have a strong adhesive, so it was easy just to pull off.  I used both this pink purse and a gray version of it for these makeovers.
These flower petals were from the Dollar Spot at Target, and I used an assorted box of petals for the 2nd purse that I purchased from Michaels.
Starting at the sides, I hot glued overlapping petals starting from the bottom (about 4 rows).  Then starting from the bottom again, I glued rows of slightly overlapping petals across the front.  Once the entire front was covered, I flipped the bag over and covered the back.  
With some lace trim I had on hand, I wrapped the top edge all around the purse and glued a pink ribbon as a finishing touch.  My final step was adding pink rhinestones to the petals.  The pictures don't quite capture the sparkle and pizzazz the rhinestones add.
For this bag, I used a mixed box of brown, pale pink and shimmery see through petals.  Starting at the sides, I layered a pattern of overlapping petals from bottom to top.  Then I went across the front side (bottom to top), layering a pattern of petals before doing the same to the back.       
I glued a band of white ribbon across the top and made a flower accessory with leftover brown petals.  The center of this flower is a vintage button with a pink rhinestone.
I added two of the same vintage buttons to dress up the back, then added pink rhinestones to all of the pink petals.
Voila!  Two more purses to add to my daughter's collection of Glammed Up Dollar Store Purses!  Please check out the ones I made previously here.
I'm joining the following parties...please go check out all of the amazing projects featured there!


DIY Day @ ASPTL

Always Nesting

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those purses are amazing!! My very first thought when I saw them, prom season! Yes, having raised 3 daughters and dressed them for a total of 7 proms (one in a different state) those bags would be perfect to add to a prom gown. They are adorable! Thanks for linking to Woo Hoo! Wednesday.

Ann said...

What adorable purses! Also, a very creative idea.:) Every single day I am amazed at other people's creativity here in blog land...your purses are certainly no exception.
I love them and the idea!
Thanks so much for sharing them.
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Anonymous said...

LOVE that brown and pink one!! They are both so neat. But I love brown and pink so that one sure stands out to me.

Crystal said...

I love them!! That's such a great idea and an even better price! the brown and pink is my favorite!

Jennifer said...

These purses are so cute! I especially love the darker one. I really need to learn how to do some crafty stuff like that.

God bless!
Jennifer

Genny said...

Miki,
Those bags are GORGEOUS! Love them!