Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

11.24.2009

Christmas HOPE Wreath

BCD Show and tell

kimbaDIYMy most recent project is a Christmas wreath for our front door made from a heavy iron wall decor piece I picked up on clearance a few years ago, a HOPE sign my sister made me, and a Pottery Barn garland that has been used in so many projects that I’ve lost count! The HOPE sign has been staring at me for the last few weeks from the back of the front door – I knew I wanted to use it as part of the Christmas decorating scheme…but how?

My sister (who is an amazingly creative person) made the HOPE sign by wrapping textured paper around wooden blocks, connecting them with screws, and adhering painted letters to the front of each block. She looped a black ribbon on the back as a hanger. Voila!

My eyes kept going back and forth from the HOPE sign to the metal decor piece. Hmm, could I, should I, would it work??? Eureka! They looked great together! I repurposed my Pottery Barn garland from outside and looped it through the rectangle frame. A burgundy ribbon nailed to the top of the door, and the wreath was finished! A view from outside. I love a wreath with some substance!!! Check out the other fabulous projects linked to DIY Day at A Soft Place To Land, Metamorphosis Monday on Between Naps On The Porch and Show & Tell on Blue Cricket Design!!!

11 comments:

Andrea said...

You did a beautiful job! That is so elegant.

A.Akers said...

So cute I love this idea! I love swirly curvy pieces like this and the rectangle shape makes it very unique squares and rectangles are very elegant!

Pearl Maple said...

Fantastic wreat, yes a wreath with substance is stunning and yours is just gorgeous.

Becca said...

What a beautiful result! I am in love with this!!!Thanks for linking!

Becca @ Blue Cricket Design!

Dena Pickle said...

I love this! and it's so nice to be different from the "usual"

Happy Thanksgiving!
Dena

Tracy said...

it is beautiful!

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

This is so pretty. I love how unique it is--I don't think I could have come up with this!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Fun & Unique! Love the "hope" message.

Together We Save said...

Wow - this is so pretty. I love it. I am not creative at all.

Anonymous said...

Love it. You did great.

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

I LOVE it! Its gorgeous. You did a great job :). So unique and beautiful.