Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

6.02.2010

Wire Cage Revamp and Hair Accessories






Always Nesting
Totally inspired by the whimsical decor (especially the centerpieces made of tomato cages) by MayDae, I gathered up twine, burlap, potpourri, old candleholders and a wire cage found on clearance to make my version.
First, I wrapped a glass candleholder with black jute twine and used it to elevate the wider brown candleholder inside the cage.  After a layer of dried moss, I filled in the base of the candlesticks with potpourri.  The wire cage is finished off with twine wrapped the long way around it, two burlap flowers and a ribbon at the top.
A close-up of one of the burlap flowers I made...
some have loops of twine to added to the back like the flower above.   
I made massive amount of flowers with whatever fabric scraps I had - 
More of the dried moss and potpourri fill this apothecary jar.
And I repurposed my favorite wooden pears yet again by using them in place of candles on this rustic 75% off clearance piece from Target.  The twine was already wrapped around it and fits in perfectly with everything else! 
More of the black jute twine around the top of a lamp shade...
and around the base along with fabric rosettes made from an old wool sweater.
Finally, a bunch of hair accessories I made from fabric rosettes and faux flowers attached to headbands and barrettes.  My toddler, who insists on playing with anything I'm working on, helped me out by modeling some of the accessories.  Shh, don't tell his dad I took pictures of him wearing all of this girlie stuff!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Miki you are so creative. I love each and every one of the projects and the flowers add that special somin somin at every turn. Thanks for linking to Woo Hoo! Wednesday.

I especially love the pictures of your adorable son. He's a cutie pie and we won't tell *wink.*

TiLT said...

FANTASTIC!
And I just adore the model :)

KimMalk said...

I totally love your cage decor and burlap flowers. Your flower headbands and cute model are fun, too. I'd love to see you link up with Fabric Fun Thursday.

KimMalk said...

Just wanted to let you know I featured this- yikes - I hope you get one or two more visits.

. said...

I love them all...but the burlap flowers are my favorite!!! There not quite as cute as your headband model...but close. ;)