Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

2.07.2010

Images From A Snowstorm

A blizzard + cooped up kids (and Momma) = a necessary outing with a camera. Within minutes, my daughter had climbed up onto a huge drift in front of our house and found herself sinking into deep snow. H-e-l-p, Momma!!! With my camera in one hand, I jumped into the drift and tugged on her leg until I got her free. She's my adventurous one, that girl. Younger brother is more cautious but a willing participant in most of her schemes.
We embarked upon a tour of our neighborhood, walking in the middle of the road until a truck came along, forcing us to dive into the snowbanks on the side of the road. Here are images from around our 'hood:
I was delighted when I spotted Mr. Owl standing watch over his little house. My slight bird obsession is alive and well!
God's creation is glorious! All of these branches looked to me like hands outstretched towards heaven......or bowed down in adoration.
I really like the contrast of the hard, dark metal against the fluffy, white snow.
And finally, the stunning jolt of turquoise against the snow. There are amazing color palettes all around - I really like the neutral background of the shed with a pop of the turquoise, which is quickly becoming a favorite color.

7 comments:

Simple Home said...

Your children are so adorable! Wow, you really got a lot of snow too. I loved all the pictures. It looks like a fun day. We've had an owl that has been visiting our neighborhood lately. We go out in the evening and see him perched here and there. It's just too dark to get a photo.
Blessings,
Marcia

Bethany said...

Fun pictures. Beautiful children. :)

We got the snow a day ahead of you all and man was it a storm. :) The kids were in heaven since we were at my parents who have several hills on their property. They played out for hours! It looks like yours would stay out forever too. :)

Grace @ Ruby Moon Designs said...

What gorgeous pictures! The snow is absolutely beautiful...I have never in my life seen snow like that...I live down in the south, so our winters usually consist of a bit of rain and "cold" temperatures...people freak out here if it's going to be in the 40's! Right now we're in t-shirts though!

Your kiddos are cute too! What a fun day to play out in the snow!

Blessings, Grace

Blondie's Journal said...

Gorgeous pictures , Miki!! And your kids are precious. I love the one with your daughter and her 'snow beard'. Gosh, they look like they are just having a blast in that snow, rolling around in it like it's not even cold!!!

You are a wonderful photographer. Some of those images should be framed.

xoxo
Janie

Natalie A. said...

These are great photos!!

~Kristen~ said...

Hi Miki!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!! I am really enjoying looking at all of your photos! Your kids are cuties!!! I have a photo blog, too. I just love photography, though I have a LOT to learn!!!

And we can totally be friends AND still disagree about Peyton!!! ;-)

brokeintrovert said...

I just found your blog. It's so pretty and fun that I going to follow. Beautiful pictures and a beautiful family.