Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

8.01.2010

Saying Goodbye...

On July 16th, my mother went home to be with the Lord.  I was grateful to have been able to be with my family and to visit her for the two weeks prior to her passing.  Though she was pretty much in a coma during that time, she did open her eyes and squeeze my hands tightly one morning.  That was the most movement she showed.  

We had a Memorial Service for her a week later on July 23rd.  Though I'd like to share more about that at a later time, this is where I said my goodbyes to my mother.
One of my favorite memories is the afternoon I spent with my mother and my children here by the Lafayette River.  We sat under the shade of trees with a Japanese picnic lunch, enjoying the lovely view and cool breezes.  We must have been there for several hours.  It was a perfect day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand.

Big, big hugs, Marla

BARBIE said...

Miki, I am so sorry. Praying God will comfort you as only He can. Love you!

Mark D said...

Wow, the pics are beautiful, so I can only imagine what it's like in person. A "perfect" goodbye would be one that isn't needed in the first place, but this seems near-perfect.