Please note: All images on this blog (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission. Also, if you're inspired by a project featured on here, then please link back to me and give proper credit. Thank you!!!

3.01.2010

What's Your Style?


According to the test on Sproost.com, I am 100% "French Eclectic," and I totally agree!  Though I've tried out other styles with accessories, etc. in my home, I really love the elements of French decor.  This book, French Style At Home, has totally captivated my heart.  Within its pages, I've found me.  All that I adore.  My design sensibilities.  Finally figured out. 
These are some of the elements that define this style for me:

Ornate Details
© Georgios Alexandris | Dreamstime.com

 
 © Ichtor | Dreamstime.com

Earthy, Rustic Elements
  
© Phil Date | Dreamstime.com

  © W shane Dougherty | Dreamstime.com

Elegant Chandeliers
  
 © Serghei Starus | Dreamstime.com

   © Cristian Nitu | Dreamstime.com 

  © Helen Panphilova | Dreamstime.com  

Wrought Iron with Character
 
© Jolin | Dreamstime.com

   © Raycan | Dreamstime.com

Soft Palettes with an Occasional Pop of Color
  © Albo | Dreamstime.com

These are all from the Ballard Designs website.  I'm yearning for light, muted colors...
  
  
  
  
 
What is your style???

2 comments:

Sarah Haney, M.A. said...

That picture of the chandalier (that's spelled wrong..) from underneath is really cool! I'm not big on the French style for my home but I still think it's pretty. :)

Cute blog!

Janean said...

miki, i'm with you on the french! actually i'm a french country/norwegian/with a teeny bit of rustic old world spanish.

beautiful. beautiful post!